Laura Dugan, Esquire
While in law school, Laura served several internships with prestigious organizations including the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office, the Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Clinic at Widener University School of Law, the United States Attorney’s Office in Philadelphia and the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas. During her various internships, Laura worked on criminal cases including misdemeanors and felonies in local and federal courts. For the Commonwealth, she prosecuted criminal cases at the district court level, participated in case negotiations with defense attorneys, and reviewed criminal complaints to ensure accurate charging and amended when necessary. As a criminal defense intern, she represented indigent persons charged with misdemeanor offenses in Chester County through the preliminary hearing, negotiated favorable agreements with the assistant district attorneys and interviewed clients and witnesses. This wealth of experience has provided Laura with a distinct advantage of understanding both sides of a criminal law matter.
A 2015 cum laude graduate of Widener University School of Law, she graduated among the top ten percent of her class. She participated in the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program and served on the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law staff. Laura graduated from Villanova University, cum laude, in 2011 with a major in psychology and minor in criminal justice.
- Widener University School of Law, cum laude, J.D. (2015)
- Villanova University, cum laude, B.A. (2011)
- Raffaele Puppio, Associate (2015 – Present)
- Delaware County District Attorney's Office, Certified Legal Intern (2015)
- Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Clinic, Certified Legal Intern (2014)
- United States Attorney’s Office, Intern (2014)
- Delaware County Court of Common Pleas, Judicial Clerk Extern (2013 – 2014)
- New Jersey
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
Honors & Activities:
- Psi Chi-International Honor Society in Psychology (2011)
- Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, Staff (2013 – 2015)
- Graterford Prison, Tutor (2010 – 2011)
In her spare time, Laura enjoys yoga and horseback riding.
From The Blog
Refusing to Submit to Chemical Testing in a DUI CaseJune 29, 2017
Being involved in the criminal justice system in any way is never an ideal situation. However, Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is one of the most common criminal charges that people face. Therefore, if you do find yourself involved in the criminal justice system as a result of being charged with DUI, it is important... Read More...